• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Refractometer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I researched several. I was concerned about comments individuals made about blurry lines while looking through a tube. Many have bought cheaper refractometers on Amazon and have been happy with them. I'm not sure about their accuracy or quality.

I believe in buying the best quality your finances can handle. In the long run, I have found it the cheapest route. Regarding your question, my choice was Milwaukee MA871 Digital Refractometer and I have been very happy with it.

http://www.milwaukeeinst.com/site/p...165-products-g-digital-refractometers-g-ma871

I believe in buying the cheapest one you can, and without any SG readings on the right side because they are notoriously wrong. Only a conversion calculator like the one at BrewersFriend.com can accurately determine the conversion from Brix to SG.

Here is a link to my old thread in which I was selling some that I have laying around. Let me know if you want one and I can drop it in the mail.

Back