• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Kentucky Reduced Price Single Tier Homebrew Stand $1,000 (KY local pickup)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HopHog87

Reaction score
For sale is my single-tier home brew system. This is a complete home brew set up which allows one to brew up to about 12 gallons of beer in one batch. It is designed from personalized plans and constructed out of steel tubing arc welded together and is as strong as an Ox. The whole assembly is on wheels to make stowage and then movement a one person job.

It features 3 real stainless steel 15.5 gallon kegs converted to kettles. These kegs are literally brand new and I purchased them from a stainless warehouse in Cincinnati...they are not grey market or "hot" kegs as many converted kettles are. Each one is fitted with multiple, professionally welded stainless steel fittings which serve a number of functions depending on the kettle: the hot liquor tank has three (drain, thermometer and sight glass), the mash tun has three (one for drain, one for return sparse and one for thermometer) and the boil kettle has two (drain and thermometer). As mentioned, each keg has an analog thermometer. I also have tree lengths of legitimate high temperature sanitary tubing with stainless steel quick connect/disconnect connectors. A perfect leak-free connection is as simple as two snaps.

The mash tun is wonderful. I bought a stainless steel false bottom from Jay Bird in California which is top-of the line for a keggle false bottom. It is hinged and has a handle as well for easy removal/cleanup. It's about as good as a keg mash tun gets. All of the kettles are tied together with a stainless steelhead electric pump to do the work for you...just hook up the quick disconnect camlocks between appropriate kettles, open the 3-piece stainless steel valves and turn the pump on. The electric box I built features a green light to let you know when the pump is running.

The burners are bg-10 high pressure propane burners which really get the liquid up to temp in a hurry. They are operated by a series of valves and all regulated by a high pressure regulator. All you need is a propane tank and you are ready to brew. There is one burner under the hot liquor tank and another under boil kettle. I insulate the mash tun with reflectix bubble wrap which does an excellent job of maintaining mash temps without requiring attention.

Finally, I have a shirron plate chiller which really helps cool large amounts of liquid down to pitching temp in no time. Just hook it in line with the pump and drain wort out of boil kettle directly into your fermenter.

The only imperfection really is paint discoloration around the frame where the burners are located. It can be repainted or left as is since it still looks very attractive.

This brew stand/system has been a labor of love and I am selling it because it is quite literally collecting dust in my garage. Since I have built it I have new family obligations and simply haven't brewed in over a year. I will return to brewing in future but will probably do so in a much smaller scale...this thing can make up to 12 gallon batches at once although 10 is more realistic so you have plenty of headroom during boil. With this set up I have brewed two 5 gallon batches in the time it usually takes one to brew one because you can have one boiling while the other is mashing. I know will find a good home with someone who is passionate about brewing and is serious about increasing their batch size/efficiency. I will be happy to answer specific questions so please contact me. Thanks.
image.jpg

Latest posts

Back