recycling pays off

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lou2row

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Took over our recyclables today. Went to open the glass container and right on top were three gallon wine jugs. Very clean with a little wine left in. Still had the lids too. My wife was with me at the LHBS when I bought two one gallon jugs for $4.75 each, so she knew this was a nice snag.

Brought them home, gave them a sniff test (like cheap wine), washed and star sanned, and now ready for some test batches! :rockin:

Ahhhhhh nice! I'd kill for a find like that. Go drop a whopping $4 on 2 cans of Welch's frozen grape juice and make a batch of Yooper's Wine!

welcome to the dark side.

Soon you too will always come home with more "recyclables" than you dropped off. :D

Good place to also score champagne bottles right after new years, most of which will take a regular crown cap. I have quite a few that I have liberated from the recycling bin.

It is a good feeling to try to help the environment to begin with, but extra cash staying in my pocket makes me a happy boy!

I posted a thread in the yeast board about getting some recipe ideas to make use of my new jugs.

Back