Reconfigure Taprite Regulator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcotter

Reaction score
I searched and couldn't find anything so my question is either so stupid no one has attempted it or so easy that no one felt the need to post about it.

I have a Taprite dual body regulator and if I position it the way I would like, the gauges and adjustment knobs are facing the back of the kegerator. So my question is, is it possible to flip the regulator and then swap the gas out barbs/gauges? The high pressure gauge would obviously be upside down but I can live with that.

Also, this would mean the regulator would basically be right up against the top part of cold plate. Would there be any issues with having it so close to the cold plate?

I searched and couldn't find anything so my question is either so stupid no one has attempted it or so easy that no one felt the need to post about it.

I have a Taprite dual body regulator and if I position it the way I would like, the gauges and adjustment knobs are facing the back of the kegerator. So my question is, is it possible to flip the regulator and then swap the gas out barbs/gauges?

Yes, if the threads for the low pressure gauge and the outlet port are the same (I think they are) this should work.

[...]Also, this would mean the regulator would basically be right up against the top part of cold plate. Would there be any issues with having it so close to the cold plate?

Probably not, lots of folks stuff their regs inside keezers and cram them in all kinds of tight spots in kegerators and once they're become acclimatized to their new homes they seem to carry on just fine...

Cheers!

Thanks for the response. I reached out to Taprite and they confirmed the threads are in fact the same.

I'm going to give this a shot the next time I get my tank refilled, hoping that by re-positioning the regulator I'll be able to make room for an additional keg.

Edit - Should also mention that they told me that I can swap the inlet nipple and 2000# guage as well, which would accomplish the same thing but with less work.

Back