Recommended breweries near Chattanooga

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shetc

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hey Y'all - My immediate family is about to be fully vaccinated. We're all getting together after being apart for 15 months. We've chosen Chattanooga as a central place to stay. What are the better breweries in the area? Thanks!

I've never had anything bad by Hutton & Smith.

For places to eat, DEFINITELY go to Lupi's Pizza Pies for calzones. It's my #1 favorite restaurant on Earth. I eat there whenever I'm passing through 'Nooga. They have some good beer on tap/bottles as well.

Well let's see here:
Hutton & Smith
Oddstory
Tanasi
Wanderlinger
5 Wits

Would be my top 5

Also in Chattanooga:
Naked River
The Terminal - restaurant and bar that makes their own beer too
Big River
Chattanooga Brewing Company
Heaven & Ale
Big Frog (their beers all tasted like soap to me, regardless of style I tried)
Mad Knight (haven't tried this on yet)

I've never had anything bad by Hutton & Smith.

For places to eat, DEFINITELY go to Lupi's Pizza Pies for calzones. It's my #1 favorite restaurant on Earth. I eat there whenever I'm passing through 'Nooga. They have some good beer on tap/bottles as well.

Thanks!

Well let's see here:
Hutton & Smith
Oddstory
Tanasi
Wanderlinger
5 Wits

Would be my top 5

Also in Chattanooga:
Naked River
The Terminal - restaurant and bar that makes their own beer too
Big River
Chattanooga Brewing Company
Heaven & Ale
Big Frog (their beers all tasted like soap to me, regardless of style I tried)
Mad Knight (haven't tried this on yet)

Thanks!

Not strictly a brewery, but the Hair of the Dog pub usually has a pretty good beer selection, and great food. It‘s right by the Aquarium on Market St. Worth checking out.

Not sure if it’s still there, but the Chattanooga Whiskey Distillery has a tasting room right by Terminal, across the street from the Choo-Choo.
Main facility is also on Market, by the river.

Not strictly a brewery, but the Hair of the Dog pub usually has a pretty good beer selection, and great food. It‘s right by the Aquarium on Market St. Worth checking out.

Not sure if it’s still there, but the Chattanooga Whiskey Distillery has a tasting room right by Terminal, across the street from the Choo-Choo.
Yep it's still there

Thanks!

Back