Recommendations for sturdy glassware?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TripleC223

Reaction score
I have broken more beer glasses than I can count, both by handwashing and in the dishwasher. I have others that have stood the test of time and are old favorites, but it seems that most of the glassware I buy is very thin or poor quality. Can anyone recommend some sturdy glassware that is NOT a standard pint shape? I have several tulips and snifters that are quite sturdy, but every weizen, pilsner or "IPA" glass I've owned has been doomed to crack. Thanks!

If you don't care about logos, see if you have a Dollar Tree store in your area. I've found some pretty cool glasses there. They're cheap enough to where if they break, just get another one. I usually just hand wash all my glassware. A lot of my favorite glasses have brewery logos on them and I don't want the dishwasher to ruin them over time.

ain't cheap...

may i recomend then...

1678415618793.png

$7 at big lots! no cleaning needed!

I have several like this I found either at Goodwill or other places. You could probably drive a nail with these. I think I had one that got a real small chip in 5 years. The right glass is important though and I mostly only use these for lagers / American lagers.
B3294BB2-E204-4CB5-B3C0-809D98CFAB14.jpeg

Last edited:
Man, fill a war hammer like that mug with beer and it'll suck all the chill out of it :D

i thought that's why it was thick WITH a handle? so your hand doesn't boil the beer through a thin fancy glass? :mug:

edit: WAIT! isn't glass an insulator? glass and vacuums?

Last edited:
[...]edit: WAIT! isn't glass an insulator? glass and vacuums?

Stick that mug in an oven set to "Burn The Living Hell Out Of Your Hand" aka 350°F for say 15 minutes then open the oven and grab that mug handle and get back to me about glass and thermal dynamics...

Cheers! (No, don't really do that please!)

Stick that mug in an oven set to "Burn The Living Hell Out Of Your Hand" aka 350°F for say 15 minutes then open the oven and grab that mug handle and get back to me about glass and thermal dynamics...

Cheers! (No, don't really do that please!)

i'll do it if you show me pictures of you doing it with a mash tun first....

here's a glass i don't use much because it's like 44oz's, but it's definatly sturdy....think i got it from goodwill...

1678685622415.png

Last edited:
Or maybe stick it in the fridge for an hour before you fill it with beer?

Back