Recommend a Recipe Please - Raspberry +?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aamcle

Reaction score
I have a kilo of raspberry puree leftover from the Raspberry Wheat beer I brewed and I would like to do something with it.

I'm not interested in lambic/sour beers I'm much more interested is a Stout or Porter in the 5 to 6% ABV range.

I'd appreciate any recipes that you have brewed and can recommend.

Many Thanks. aamcle

I have a kilo of raspberry puree leftover from the Raspberry Wheat beer I brewed and I would like to do something with it.

I'm not interested in lambic/sour beers I'm much more interested is a Stout or Porter in the 5 to 6% ABV range.

I'd appreciate any recipes that you have brewed and can recommend.

Many Thanks. aamcle
That’s only about 2.2 lbs of raspberries which isn’t very much to overcome a toasty stout. I’d stick to a porter with that amount. You could bump it to 1.75-2.25 kilos or 4-5 lbs if you wanted it to be a stout

I did a Raspberry Blonde ale this past summer.

90% 2 row
5% Crystal 10L
5% Honey Malt

148degree mash for 60 minutes

Willammete at 60 mins
Huell Melon in Whirlpool and then another charge dryhopped

US05 Yeast
Raspberry at end of fermentation to taste

ImpRaz.PNG

Giggs, if I read the recipe correctly the Raspberry extract was added at bottling is that correct?

Did the extract have any fermentable sugars?

Thanks all.

Aamcle

Yes, when I first did this recipe, I used extract at bottling. Since then I have used puree in a secondary. I have also added it to the primary just after high krausen with good results!

Back