Recommend a Recipe for a New Beer Brewer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meading_of_minds

Reaction score
Up to now, I've been brewing mead so I have supplies from that to start with. I am reading the FAQ thread and the How to Brew site to learn technique and find what else I need to have equiptment-wise.
My thought is that some of the more experienced brewers could recommend a good recipe to start with while learning the process of brewing beer. If I could start with a good simple recipe with easy to locate ingredients, I can get the process down first before I move onto what I would like to try style-wise.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions, all will be appreciated.

Are you thinking about doing partial, kit or jump into all grain? Generally the lighter styles are little more difficult, as there is nowhere for off flavors to hide, but I certainly wouldn't let that deter you from trying a say, a blonde. What do you like?

What do you like to drink? I'd suggest making a style of ale you enjoy- stay away from lagers until you're more experienced!

Do you want some recipes/kit ideas for an extract batch?

Back