Recirculating Beer line cleaner

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brew703

Reaction score
Looking at this post to make https://brewonabudget.com/2014/10/04/recirculatingblc/ .
I don't quite follow the parts list, mainly the 3/8" barb to 1/4" female.
These are the parts I have.
Seems to me the 3/8" barb to female will not work. Looks like I would need a 1/4" male NPT to screw into the plug adaptor right? I was about to order the fitting but I don't think I need the female. Also I don't think I need the long brass fitting between barb and post adaptor.
Thoughts?

Attachments

• parts.JPG
    parts.JPG
    19.1 KB · Views: 165
I’m no expert on all the different sizes and threads of fittings. Basically you use need to get it put together and connected to your line from your pump. The only real trick that I know is that if you have a removable poppet you need to have something to hold the poppet up. The adapter in the picture should do that.

Sounds like you are looking to order online. If you have the package from the parts, it should say what thread and size you are starting with.

For these kinds of projects I usually go to a good hardware store and dig through their pieces until I find something that works. Some even have a little display with fittings on it so you can try your parts to find the right thread.

I think you are correct. You could just use the 3/8" barb to 1/4" NPT. IT doesn't help that the parts he lists are not what is pictured.

Attachments

• beer flusher.jpg
    beer flusher.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 174
Back