Recirculating Beer Line/Carboy/Corny Cleaner

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bikesnbeers

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
pump: smartpond 300-500 GPH Water Garden Fountain Pond Pump $45 at Lowes (Christmas present to myself)
Shop smartpond 300-500 GPH Water Garden Fountain Pond Pump at Lowes.com

it’s a 300-500 gph submersible pump. the only trick to connecting the ball lock is the small tube that connects two gas posts inside the corny (red in the attachment). the corny doesn’t have any water in it. I have an extra beat up corny and use thumb tightening hose clamps.

for cleaning the corny and fermenters, the pump shoots the water straight up. the corny/fermenter sits inverted on the bucket.

schematic_ 2011-12-29.jpg

pic.jpg

couldnt you just use a post off the corny and a hose barb to attach the line to the pump?
You could use just one post on the corny. The attachment to the pump is made by just shoving the hose into to outlet. I need to find a good way to secure it better. A hose barb glued to the outlet may be the answer. Thanks for the suggestions

Latest posts

Back