Recipes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few online retailers list the kit ingredients and instructions on their websites. Morebeer and northern brewer both do, for sure. And I’ve seen a few others here and there.

There’s also several pages of various recipes here on these forums, as well

I like to Google, but using the "site:homebrewtalk.com" to limit to this site. Can do the same for reddit or aha sites. But the thing is, you kinda have to know what you want to aim for before shooting off searches. So pick something, say Alaskan Amber, and search for clone recipes and read what folks say about it. That's thte great thing here is that you get responses from folks who've tried and tweaked. You also get the humorous "I tried it and it was terrible...but I did sub the hops because I didn't have the ones specified, and I didn't have the exact grains so I scooped some dirt from the back yard, and I used a leftover yeast instead of..." You get the idea. Those always make me chuckle.

I can relate to OP. Yes you can google beer recipes. But yes you can get a bunch of crap just like with any google search. I would like places where there are real good reviews and or feedback on them. Even the list here I found limited and many has few comments. I’m not going to brew a recipe just because one person says is good to him/her. Too much risk. At least that’s how I feel.

• American Homebrewers Association makes many (not most, many) of their recipes available for free.
  • Some (perhaps many, but certainly not most or all) of the NHC gold medal recipes from 2014 to present have been brewed by people who use online recipe software and make their recipes public.
  • Sierra Nevada has a recipe for SNPA at their site
  • Bells has clone kits (including online recipes) at Bell's General Store
  • Regional online homebrew stores are likely to have clone recipes for regional breweries.
edit/update: ($2.99 is not free but...) occasionally the eBook version of "The Brew Your Own Big Book of Clone Recipes" is for sale at an attractive price.

Last edited:
I can relate to OP. Yes you can google beer recipes. But yes you can get a bunch of crap just like with any google search. I would like places where there are real good reviews and or feedback on them. Even the list here I found limited and many has few comments. I’m not going to brew a recipe just because one person says is good to him/her. Too much risk. At least that’s how I feel.
That is exactly why I don't want to just google it.

Back