Recipe...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

curtisj

Reaction score
Going for something not too bitter.
APA style

9 lb 2 Row
1.5 Munich
1 Crystal 60

1 oz Amarillo at 60
.75 Cascade at 5

Saf 04 yeast.

Considering orange zest at the end and lose the cascade and replace with amarillo for aroma as well.

I would recommend the addition of a good, neutral bittering hop for full boil, like warrior or cascade, using the amarillo somehwere within the 10-20 min range. This will give a nice hop platform for the amarillo and cascade flavors and aromas to shine through.

I like Vienna in my Pale Ale's, but you cant go wrong with munich. I would do what Lucky recommended as well.

Lucky137 said:
I would recommend the addition of a good, neutral bittering hop for full boil, like warrior or cascade, using the amarillo somehwere within the 10-20 min range. This will give a nice hop platform for the amarillo and cascade flavors and aromas to shine through.

This. You'll lose all the awesome Amarillo-iness if you boil it for 60 mins. Toss it in later in the boil. Cheers!

I agree with Lucky. Don't use the Amarillo as a bittering hop (60 min boil). Cascade , willamate ,or cluster work well for the 60 min.

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using Home Brew Talk

Woops, meant Warrior or *Magnum*, those are my favorite bitterings. Though Cascade would work as well, probably also best as an early-mid flavoring hop.

Back