Recipe ideas? Up for whatever...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

Big10Seaner

Reaction score
I just can't seem to decide on what to brew tomorrow. I have 2 row, various specialty grain (crystal 60, flaked wheat, honey malt, maybe chocolate). For hops I have cascade, amarillo, perle, sterling, fuggle, goldings, simcoe, centennial, zeus, crystal and maybe a few others. Any ideas here? I already have on tap a few "spring" beers, a wheat and a pale ale. I'm lacking kolsch yeast or I'd probably do that again. I have notty and S-05 right now. Any suggestions? I'm thinking of doing something different, maybe in the process such as hopping the sparge water.

DeathBrewer

Maniacally Malty
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I just can't seem to decide on what to brew tomorrow. I have 2 row, various specialty grain (crystal 60, flaked wheat, honey malt, maybe chocolate).
That sounds like a mild, right there.

For hops I have cascade, amarillo, perle, sterling, fuggle, goldings, simcoe, centennial, zeus, crystal and maybe a few others.
Go with fuggle for bittering and a little bit of goldings for flavor and aroma.

Any ideas here? I already have on tap a few "spring" beers, a wheat and a pale ale. I'm lacking kolsch yeast or I'd probably do that again. I have notty and S-05 right now. Any suggestions? I'm thinking of doing something different, maybe in the process such as hopping the sparge water.
S-05...First Wort Hopping might be good in a mild...I've never tried it.

OP
Big10Seaner

Big10Seaner

Reaction score
I don't have any maris otter right now, which is what I would prefer for a mild. Anyone done one with 2 row? What about S-05? That does sound good though.

OP
Big10Seaner

Big10Seaner

Reaction score
I might try to come up with a Honker's clone finally: Their website info is:

4.2% ABV
30 IBUs
2 row, caramel, roasted barley, wheat
styrian goldings hops (I have fuggle)

OP
Big10Seaner

Big10Seaner