Recipe Help / Feedback

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

golfgod04

Reaction score
So I am extract/partial brewer (brewed 10 batches so far). I have some left over ingredients and i've had help coming up with a recipe on here. Here is what I think I've finalized the recipe.

Grain:
3 lbs 2 row pale malt
Crystal Malt 40L 8oz
Munich Malt 8oz
White Wheat Malt 8oz
Caramel Munich 60L 8oz

Boil Schedule:
60 min - 1oz Warrior hops
15 min - 1 oz Mosaic hops
15 min - 3.3 lbs Briess Liquid pale ale malt extract (also called golden light according to container)
5 min - 1 oz Palisade

(I have the following hops to choose from Palisade 2oz
Warrior 3oz
Mosaic 2oz
El Dorado 2oz
Simcoe 1/2oz
Glacier 1/2oz to choose from)

Yeast:
Safale US-05
Dry Hop for 7 days with 1/2 oz Simcoe and 1/2 oz glacier.

I mostly make/drink pale ales and ipas. Any one have suggestions? I dont have any other grains and want to use what I have. But I am looking for suggestions/recommendations on how to use the hops. Thanks in advance for the help.

I think the grains look okay for a pale ale - you expecting about 1.050-52 or so? Plugging that in though I think it looks really bitter, like 85 IBU's. I'd cut the warrior in half then dump in some mosaic and/or eldorado for hopstand (+/-adding same to the dry hop). If you want a hoppy pale that is. Personally I'd mash low with the lb of crystal in there.

I think the grains look okay for a pale ale - you expecting about 1.050-52 or so? Plugging that in though I think it looks really bitter, like 85 IBU's. I'd cut the warrior in half then dump in some mosaic and/or eldorado for hopstand (+/-adding same to the dry hop). If you want a hoppy pale that is. Personally I'd mash low with the lb of crystal in there.

I tried putting it in beersmith and it says OG as 1.044 and abv at 2.7% did I do something wrong? do I not have enough 2 row and pale malt extract?

Check that you have it set for partial mash, that your efficiency is set correctly, and your volumes match. I am getting 1.051 and IBU of 92 in Beersmith with post boil volume of 5 gal and efficiency set at 75%.

Back