Recipe for creamy, smooth lager

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gugguson

Reaction score
Hello.

Does anybody know about a recipe for creamy, smooth and fresh lager similar that comes out of drafts in better pubs in Europe (fersköl or fresh ale).

I'm looking for a not so hoppy but refreshing with big nice head and creamy refreshing taste. It can be golden or dark.

Regards,
Johann

Do you want ale or lager? Try asking for a Boddington's clone. Or something conditioned with No2. Ps why is your guys' english so much better than most of the people over here? Stupid americans..

Heres a quick rundown of my house blonde.
OG 1.050 FG 1.010
9# 2 row pale
.5# Munich 10l
.5# Carapils (dextrin malt)

60 mins .5oz N.Brewer
10 mins .5oz Cascade

Mash 65C 60 mins, Mash out with 75C

Iv pitched an english ale yeast, an unnamed lager and notty. Honestly unless you know lager yeasts, stick with ale its more foolproof.

This is the recipe i use most often to do a light color beer, this is also my dads favorite and hes a picky beer drinker. I think the IBUs are arround 15, but the cascade flavor still comes out in the finish.

Maybe I'm not drunk yet as I'm new to this hobby ;-)

Boddington's clone sounds good - I will check that.

Do you want ale or lager? Try asking for a Boddington's clone. Or something conditioned with No2. Ps why is your guys' english so much better than most of the people over here? Stupid americans..

Back