Recipe for a name: Mobile Chernobyl

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markstache

Reaction score
While discussing the possibility of nuclear powered drone that could self destruct over an enemy target, the guys and I coined the phrase "Mobile Chernobyl" (though a quick google search shows that we're not the first to come up with the this gem).

Of course, I have to brew a beer of the same name. The question is: what kind of beer is "Mobile Chernobyl"?

+1....but I'm pretty sure this isn't just a beer.

It's a Russian Imperial Stout with a bomb of Vlady

I'm gonna go against the grain and say that I think a Mobile Chernobyl beer would be a huge DIPA. Big malt, big ABV and huge hops. These are a few of my favorite things. Plus, green for hops, radiation is typically portrayed as green (even though radiation from your typical pressurized water reactor is blue). Makes perfect sense to me.

While discussing the possibility of nuclear powered drone that could self destruct over an enemy target, the guys and I coined the phrase "Mobile Chernobyl" (though a quick google search shows that we're not the first to come up with the this gem).

Of course, I have to brew a beer of the same name. The question is: what kind of beer is "Mobile Chernobyl"?

BTW, is one of the references you found to the name already in use to a nickname for the USS Enterprise? Just curious since that's a term of endearment we in the Navy use for that ship.

RIS it is. I'm thinking the highlight should be some hot chile burn. I was thinking about dry roasting some already dried peppers and adding them at the end of the boil. Any thoughts on a pepper/gallon ratio?

@nukebrewer: Yes. The other thing I noticed was a bill to allow moving nuclear waste on US highways. It was also dubbed "mobile chernobyl" by opponents

Back