Recipe calculator with mr beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timduncan200021

Reaction score
Hi I am trying to put together a recipe using a can of mr beer american classic light that I have laying around. I know the hopville beer calculus has some mr beer cans in its database but not the one I have and it doesn't calculate any ibus for the can even though it is HME. I'm just trying To add in 1 lb candi syrup ( http://www.austinhomebrew.com/product_info.php?cPath=178_21_73_405&products_id=13471) and a lb of extra light DME and going to add in .5 oz saaz hops to help balance it out but wanted to plug it into a calculator in order to see what it would look like. Any ideas on a calculator or a way that I can figure out the OG, BU:GU, ABV would be? Also do you think this would thin the beer out to much? Would adding a small amount of maltodextrin help to lessen that effect?

I ran into the same thing. Mr. Beer doesn't include a lot of the technical info, probably as to not confuse those new to brewing. I just picked the malt extract from the DB that most looked like what I had. It will give you a rough idea of what to expect. Keep in mind that those calculators are more like estimators. Due to variations in your ingredients and processes, the final stats of the beer may be different than what the calculator suggest.

Back