Recipator down again?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bblack7489

Reaction score
It appears that the recipator website is down again. Does anyone know anything about its upkeep?

I'm a big fan of using it as it's web-based and not OS dependent. The kicker is that it saves my recipes as HTML.

I have a touch-panel PC in my brewery that runs WindowsXP Embedded and has horrible performance (processor, RAM, HDD...it's bare-bones). The web interface lets me load it in a nice little app I wrote that does my recipe management but also acts as a timer and does some calculations for me.

https://decibel.ni.com/content/proj...-brewery/blog/2012/09/24/touch-pc-brewing-app

I store my recipes on my Google Drive and can view / edit them from my brewery, phone, laptop, desktop, work computer, etc. I have 10-ish years of recipes saved in this format, and I hate to move on. They're still readable, just not editable without the engine that runs on the server.

Tastybrew.com is similar but doesn't have the same create / edit / save functionality. BeerTools.com has some annoying quirks (like enforcing style guidelines) and I'd rather not pay for it.

I guess there's a chance that I could work some programming magic and write a front-end for the TastyBrew recipe calculator, but that sounds like a PITA. Is there anything else out there that I should look at for web-based brewing apps?

Latest posts

Back