Reasons to hate the 80's

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris_Dog

Orange whip?
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
OK maybe hate is a strong word but damn...

Spandex

ahnuld.jpg

Lets Get Physical

letsgetphysical.jpg

I got to admit that I thought O.N.J. looked pretty hot at the time.

That's funny, I just watched The Running Man this morning on TBS. The eighties Jazz dancers for the game show were amusing as well.

Don't say that, I'm having my annual theme party next week - 80's television!

The SWMBO and I are dressing up as Fraggles.

But think of all the great things that came out of the '80's! ummmm...... ummmmmm..... Bueller?

Somehow I managed to live through the '80s unaware of most of these items. A few, like the raisins I'd heard about, but never saw. Maybe that's why I had such a good time in the '80s!

Herpes! That was such a big deal. Not like anyone ever died from it.

Chris_Dog said:
Good one!!!
.%2F2006%2F01%20January%2F26%2Fpictures%2F10A%20(hammer).jpg

Sorry, but "U Can't Touch This" which spawned the prachute pants craze, wasn't releaesed until June 1990, thus making it ineligible for 80's bashing status.

But what a way to start the 90's eh?:fro:

I guess it was a crappy decade, but I miss'em...I was a teenager through the 80's and I had a blast..I look back on that time fondly...

Remember ther Zipper pants. They had the zipper down each side with a different color in them.I hate to say it, but I had many pairs of them..Oh ya, and the members only jacket...

I don't remember much about the 80's. I turned 18 in 1981 (legal drinking age in WI at the time) and the rest of the decade is kinda hazy.......:drunk:

I loved the 80's. They just don't make music like that anymore!

Obscure 80's references (no googling!):
Who was "Mitchell Gant"?
What musical group wrote these lyrics and to what song... "sucker mc's will call me SIRE!"? (I was totally a sucker mc)

Speaking of '80s music, I'm listening to some Guns 'n Roses right now. Damned if their heyday wasn't in the late '80s. :rockin: Some of Axl's new stuff is good, A lot of Velvet Revolver's (with lead guitarist Slash from Guns 'n Roses) is good, but the best G 'n R happened before they broke up in the early '90s IMO. I lost interest in Rock in general around th mid '90s.

I can't think of any reasons to genuinely "hate" or even dislike the '80s. We are all looking back at the decade with a filter of current styles over our eyes.

I'm surprised no one mentioned 2 of the biggest biggest fiascos to come out of the 80's.

DARE/Just Say No

and

The War On Drugs (aka The First War on Civil Liberties)

krispy_d, when I get home I have a much MUCH more obnoxious version of the hoff I'm going to post.

It will be glorious.

kornkob said:
I'm surprised no one mentioned 2 of the biggest biggest fiascos to come out of the 80's.

DARE/Just Say No

and

The War On Drugs (aka The First War on Civil Liberties)

The term, 'War On Drugs', was coined by Nixon in 1971. DARE however, was the 80s way of saying, 'We can be stupid too!'

double layering izod shirts....
wow...
i had forgotten about that

What about the whole "day-glo/neon" thing that happened there for a while?
I can remember going skiing, and half the people on the hill were wearing neon
ski gear... YUCK.

rabidgerbil said:
double layering izod shirts....
wow...
i had forgotten about that

What about the whole "day-glo/neon" thing that happened there for a while?
I can remember going skiing, and half the people on the hill were wearing neon
ski gear... YUCK.

Hey! I had giant fat fluorescent green shoelaces for my high-tops! They looked awesome on the dance floor when I was breakdancing to Rock-it with bandanas tied around my legs.

Back