really need help...stuck fermentation.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rudog

Reaction score
Ladies and gentlemen I have a problem with my fermentation… well I brewed an brown ale with some brown sugar… The two problems that where apparent was that I did pitch yeast to a little hot wort, I did aerate. After a week I noticed that nothing happened so then I added a yeast starter of the same yeast, Nottingham danstar. After another week I noticed no bubbles, I know that not the correct way to measure but I saw nothing.. Now I just racked to a glass carboy on top of a cake and I still have no fermentation. Idk what to do, I did noticed that when I racked it from the bucket there was some cake as it was fermenting :mad:

I would maybe try and boost the temperature by a couple degrees for a few hours to try and get that yeast going.

Also take another hydrometer reading, fermentation may have started without you knowing :p

I would maybe try and boost the temperature by a couple degrees for a few hours to try and get that yeast going.

I don't know about that, Nottingham at 73 degree should be eating sugar like a train if there is any sugar to eat

73 degree is already in the too high range

OP a bit more info about your recipe would help

all the best

S_M

Brew ny ^

Go with what he says, he definitely knows more about this kind of stuff than me, i am not 100% sure on temperatures of different brews yet :)

and the gravity is now ?

S_M

I'm interested in knowing the current gravity, too. I bet it fermented out already and you just didn't notice. Buckets are notorious for not showing airlock activity, and at 73 Nottingham will ferment incredibly fast (and not necessarily very tasty).

Back