really fast ferment

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drunkinone

Reaction score
so i did an extract brew last night. The OG was right on. It bubbled like crazy into the night. This morning there was very little activity. The gravity was as if it was finished but it has only been about 12 hours.. Should I be conserned? That's just way too soon. Any Help?

Let me note that i put it on a rather large yeast cake from a previous batch. pretty sure that's it's not a stuck fermentation. Nottingham yeast could eat chrome it you let it.

English tend to chug through beer. When I use 007 or 1068, even at low temps, the krausen has dropped at day 3. So I have to up my temp by day two. IF you pitched on a yeast cake, its very likely you overpitched (not sure to the point where it can impact beer like underpitching) but could very well be mostly fermented.

Thank you so much. i found other threads pertaning to the same issues. thanks again for your time. :)

Back