Ready to brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neonsilver

Reaction score
I just purchased three 50# bags of DME and 10#'s of hops. I think this will hold me over for a little while.

This does bring up a question though. Where did everybody get their scales from? I was thinking about going to bed bath & beyond just because we have a ton of those 20% off coupons but wasn't sure if they would have what I need.

They have digital scales there that weight up to a couple of pounds. They are mostly for preparing food servings so they are smaller than a produce scale. I have one from there that I can weight out 10 oz of grain at a time. But they have other ones that would be able to facilitate larger amounts.

So how many IIPA's are you going to be brewing???

I'm going to have a lot of everything in the mix, I really just wanted a greater range to play with. I think this is my list.

Baltic porter
American Barleywine
2 dead guy clone
2 APA's
2 AAA's
Sweet stout
IIPA
Kolsch
Pumpkin
Irish red
Scottish 80
English mild
ESB

I think that's it for now but I have to try to get these done before it's too hot in my house to brew.

Wow where did you end up getting your DME from...-m looking into getting some bulk but don't know where I can find it cheap.

Hey neon did you find that there was a slight discount on shipping by buying more then one bag at a time? Mine came out to 118 for one bag, which will only last me about 2 months. I was going to buy more but didn't think there would be any incentive.

No incentive at all, I would have purchased at different times too but I have such a lineup that I want to get to quickly it just wasn't feasible.

Back