Ready to bottle?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ben2010

Reaction score
Hello good people, my first batch of beer is coming to the end of its second fermemtation stage. It has been fermenting for a total of 3 weeks and it is at the right SG to bottle. I took a sample with my beer thief and there is still little bits of stuff floating around (yeast?). Is this still ready to bottle?, does this yeast need to be present for bottle conditioning to occur?

Thanks!:mug:

It's normal for the beer to have little floaties, even after 3 weeks.

It's only a tiny amount of yeast that needs to be present in suspension for bottle conditioning, and even if the beer looks very clear there is still enough yeast present. It doesn't need to be visible, but it's ok if some is.

The only time there might not be enough yeast is if it's bulk conditioned at fridge temps for 6 months or something.

It's normal for the beer to have little floaties, even after 3 weeks.

It's only a tiny amount of yeast that needs to be present in suspension for bottle conditioning, and even if the beer looks very clear there is still enough yeast present. It doesn't need to be visible, but it's ok if some is.

The only time there might not be enough yeast is if it's bulk conditioned at fridge temps for 6 months or something.

+1. Yeast will be present even if it's not visible...

Sounds like you are good to go...

Back