Ready bottle for use

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am not entirely sure what you mean, but if you are asking about filling bottles with beer I use a bottle filling wand that came with my NB starter kit years ago. Once the bottle is full, pull the wand out and you have the level of beer you need in that bottle. I have only tried it with 12 ounce bottles, so not sure about bigger ones. I hope that answers the questions.

Are you asking how much beer you should put in your bottles? Depends on what you are after.

Many 12 fl oz beer bottles will hold a tad over 13 fluid ounces when filled all the way to the top. But you should probably leave a tiny bit of space for fluid expansion with temp changes so the cap doesn't get pushed off or the bottle broken.

However with little headspace in the bottle your beer won't have that satisfying pfft sound when you pop the top if using crown caps. So if that is what you want, then figure out what is the 12 fluid ounce level that the beer makers use when they fill their bottles.

My bottle filler when put all the way in the bottle will leave about that amount of headspace when removed after the beer level is at overflowing. However I usually fill my bottles to within a millimeter or two of the tops once the bottle filler is removed. I've long since gotten over the need to hear the pfft.

However I usually fill my bottles to within a millimeter or two of the tops once the bottle filler is removed.
That's my practice, except that I leave about 1/2" - just for a safety factor. It leaves less air/oxygen in the bottle, and it seems to reduce the amount of oxidation and improve the flavor. It's a small improvement - I've never done a side-by-side comparison.

I am not entirely sure what you mean, but if you are asking about filling bottles with beer I use a bottle filling wand that came with my NB starter kit years ago. Once the bottle is full, pull the wand out and you have the level of beer you need in that bottle. I have only tried it with 12 ounce bottles, so not sure about bigger ones. I hope that answers the questions.
Yes it does Thanks @redrocker652002

Back