Read at Will (edit: leaky arilock?)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cglkaptc

Reaction score
Hello,

So this is just a quick question, and I am curious if anyone can answer.

So I am on my third batch. I use an Ale Pail to ferment in. My first batch recieved no airlock activity, and I was informed there was probably a leak in the top of the bucket. (common from what I hear) However my second two are in the same pail and bubbling away like a mofo. Anyways, I am happy that they are bubbling now, cause I don't have bad thoughts in the back of my head, but why are the newer brews bubbling and the first one didn't? My first thought is that I am a miracle worker, and I somehow fixed the leak without intending to. :tank:

Oftentimes a leak like that you won't necessarily see, and it won't be there the next time. The gaskets on the ale pails are not super-airtight sometimes. And if it's working now - don't ask any questions, just go with it.;)

Yeah, I've tried walking on water before and was incredibly unsuccessful.

But seriously, thanks for shattering my hopes and dreams people. :tank:

Guess I am gunna have to be a rock star now.:rockin:

I am sorry. I just have to point out that this thread has won the award for "Most ambiguous and uninformative title ever."

Glad your brews are working out. Leaks are not common on ale pails, you just have to make sure that the lid is on tight.

Latest posts

Back