Re-use of dry-hopped hops?

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

GFBrewboy

Reaction score
Any experience/suggestions/thoughts on re-using dry-hopped hops? Those hop pellets that were confined to a bag and exposed only to low temps in primary or secondary fermenter for 7-10 days. Perhaps the reclaimed hops can be used to bitter the next batch (boil temps), with adjustment for loss of potency and/or certain hop character. I was unable to find anything on this. Have several reclaimed batches in the freezer.

Dgallo

If you ain’t first, you’re last Ricky Bobby
Reaction score
Any experience/suggestions/thoughts on re-using dry-hopped hops? Those hop pellets that were confined to a bag and exposed only to low temps in primary or secondary fermenter for 7-10 days. Perhaps the reclaimed hops can be used to bitter the next batch (boil temps), with adjustment for loss of potency and/or certain hop character. I was unable to find anything on this. Have several reclaimed batches in the freezer.
I’m looking for the article currently but I feel I read that it’s roughly 50% of expected aa in the repitch. I’ll keep looking

AlexKay

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm still stuck on the phrase "dry-hopped hops.." I know what you mean, but I can't help but think of some home-brewing garage mad scientist trying to take hop flavor to 11: don't just use hops, but dry hop the hops before hopping. Or maybe as in, "yo dawg, I heard you like hops, so I hopped your hops so you can hop while hopping."

Latest posts