rdwhahb book for wine making noobs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jigidyjim

Reaction score
Thinking of trying some wine along with all my beer brewing. Is there an equivalent of Charlie Papazian for home wine making? Looking for a good book that is very accessible but doesn't treat me like an idiot.

One difference would be that often beer books say "You'll make beer 100x better than any commercial (BMC) brew you've had", since I'm already drinking really good wine, I'm not looking to make wine that beats 2 buck chuck, I'm looking to make wine that resembles the quality wine I'm already drinking (and actually, that's the main reason I'm hesitant to not make wine, since I'm afraid I'll not like it).

Thanks!

A book I just read is very good for grape wine, and also useful for fruit wine;

"the way to make wine" by Sheridan Warrick is full of useful, accurate information. Its a bit advanced but if you want to make good wine rather than just drinkable he explains everything from the basics up. He obviously makes a lot of wine himself and I think from the content he also works in the industry.

Back