Rate The Setup!!!!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks like a solid starting kit, but you may want to check out northernbrewer.com and austinhomebrew.com as well. The both offer flat rate shipping which could end up saving you some money.

That is basically the same setup that I bought and it is pretty complete. If you don't already have a better resource, you will want to buy a better brewing book that provided in the kit.

If you use teflon tap, you can turn the tube that your hydrometer came in into a nice wort sample tube. If you only ferment in the plastic buckets, you will never use the bottle brushes. The sanitizer works just fine but I switched to a bleach solution after I finished the container provided; much cheaper.

The red wing capper works well and is not actually the cheapest piece of plastic on the market.

If you use the stick-on thermometer on your fermenter, be sure to place it between the 5 gal mark. The sticker is not water proof; I destroyed mine when it got wet (submerged) when I put the fermenter into a cold-water batch to cool primary fermentation.

I bought that exact same setup from the same place and i have had no complaints at all. The only issue was that the autosyphon came cracked, but they replaced it. Also, you might want to buy an extra hydrometer. I broke mike right off the bat.

I paid $15 more for that kit without the carboy. but it included startup batch ingredients

How did you break your hydrometer. I can get this kit and shipped for 96.00. Flat ........I would really like to get a 6.5 gal carboy buy havent found one for that cheap....

Back