Quantcast

Raspberry Wheat

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

Jester369

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, so I usually just keg things, but Red asked me to brew up some raspberry wheat as a b-day gift for a friend of hers. It'll be bottled, so I figured I needed a label! Here is my first pass at it. Some beer and brewery info will go in the grey box on the right.

Let me know what you think!

:mug:

evandam

Reaction score
I like it, but I think that lightening up the text a bit to help it stand out would be good.

DeadDoc

Reaction score
Plus maybe a feathering on the edges of the picture to blend in better for a smoother cutoff than a hard one. But looking good!

mrk305

Beer Dude in the Sunset
Reaction score
That warning wasn't personally directed at me, was it?

Reaction score
Plus maybe a feathering on the edges of the picture to blend in better for a smoother cutoff than a hard one. But looking good!
I like the hard edge...Very....Paper Back Horror Novel esque.
What would happen if you added a white of light gray drop shadow to the lettering to help it stand out.

Atl300zx

Reaction score
print that out and look at it. i am betting it will be too dark. dark images look better on a back lit monitor than printed on paper.

OP
Jester369

Jester369

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for all the feedback!

Indeed, the colors needed to be adjusted for printing. The red especially needed help.

There was a drop shadow of gray on the upper text, but not the DDBC - I moved the shadow down and over a little more for better vis, and added a grey to the DDBC as well.

Still can't decide about the feathered edge on the photo. Of course, it seems Photoshop does blurs differently now (just upgraded from Elements 2 to Elements 6) and I can't figure the friggin' blur out now!

Also, added the gray wheat heads and the pawprint.

And, no, mrk305, that warning was not aimed at you! :D Sounds like it hit without being aimed, however ;)