Raspberry Wheat

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tepe

Reaction score
OK it's been at least 10 years since I made a all grain Raspberry Wheat. I have part of the recipe.
My question is how much Raspberry I add in the secondary?

OK it's been at least 10 years since I made a all grain Raspberry Wheat. I have part of the recipe.
My question is how much Raspberry I add in the secondary?

How much Raspberry taste do you want? When I did one last year I think I added 5lbs to the secondary. It was very slight in color and taste. It was also an extract recipe. I think 5-7 lbs is a good amount.

So, 5#'s for a 5 gallon batch?

Yeah, it's generally 1 lb of fruit for every gallon of beer.

I just made a partial mash raspberry wheat with 5 lbs of white raspberries and it turned out great, it didn't overpower you with raspberry taste.

How much Raspberry taste do you want? When I did one last year I think I added 5lbs to the secondary. It was very slight in color and taste. It was also an extract recipe. I think 5-7 lbs is a good amount.

Did you use fresh?

I used 40 oz of frozen raspberries from the supermarket in mine, and its very tart, and is a heavy pink color.

Back