Raspberry Wheat Question...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Humdum

Reaction score
I'm making a Raspberry Wheat and to date I've always used fresh or fresh frozen fruit in secondary for my fruit flavored beers. This time for simplicity I decided to use some ID Carlson Raspberry fruit flavoring. I'd assume that it should be added to secondary for the fullest effect but I know what happens when we assume things. What's been your experience using the ID Carlson stuff and how did you use it? Any horror stories?

Thanks for the help y'all. The consensus I'm getting here and on other boards is add it the bottling bucket. Somebody also mentioned that McCormick makes an all natural Raspberry extract that they were very pleased with over the Carlson offering.

Hey Humdum - welcome over to this side! I've been told that Carlson gets a little cough-syruppy - I've used McCormick's raspberry right into the bottling bucket with tasty success....

Skol!

Back