Raspberry Pi StrangeBrew Elsinore Basic Setup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've pushed some updates to see if I have fixed the issue. I've not had time to recreate the bug yet however.

Bugs like this need to be reported in the main thread or via github though

Fixed!

Thanks Doug, moving forward, if I find anything else I will put in on github.

I've had someone discuss them making a breakout board, but since I'm not an EE/good with making circuitboards, I'm not involved.

Man! I had complete success in following this thread. Now, I'm waiting for some metal probes to arrive, to use them on my DS18 and then start a complete automated set up. I'm curious, the beaglebone part of DougEdey's project has improvements to manage motorised ball valves? I've checked that Raspi has problems managing analogue inputs/outputs. Did you think about use this kind of valves on your projects? Cheers! :mug:

Hello friends,

Edit: I've just seen a message saying: "java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused", could be here the problem?

Is there a stack trace? And is this still happening? Please provide as much information as you can.

There's been a lot of code changes since August, does it still happen?

Doing some more research and testing, I found out some of the GPIO's default state is High, or On. Here is a link showing the revision 1 and 2 boards default state. Unless you got in early buying a Pi you will have a rev 2. The way to check is to see if it has mounting holes, if it does, it's a rev 2. That's what I have and I found two pins that were actually ON at boot.

One was GPIO14 and the other was another the extra 3.3v power on pin 9. As to the others that were listed as HIGH, they didn't light my LED but I wouldn't risk it.

To be safe use only the green GPIO pins 4,27,22,23,24,25. Looks like GPIO can be used for PWM. I'm going to look into that.

Anyone have one of these pin outs for the B+ 40pin pi?

Back