Rant, HBS's w/o stock info

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zoebisch01

Reaction score
I don't think I am going to order from HBS's anymore that don't show if an item is in stock or not. This is the second occasion I have been waiting for an order that contains what I need that is held up by one item. I am done with that song and dance. I remember BP's thread now and am in those thar shoes. :( Put in an order on Tuesday, and the thing is still not shipped because of yeast. Dammit and I needed the sanitizer, gonna have to go old school with bleach if I want to brew this weekend. SHeet.

Big time bummer! I'm lucky enough to have a HBS close but even they run out of stock all the time. It's really infuriating! What if I don't want to sub centennials for cascades? I found out that they have a customer that buys all the good hops almost as soon as they come in! I want to find this guy and poke him in the eye! Ther is no frickin need to buy 5lbs of cascades every two weeks! Ther is no dang way he is brewing THAT much. Sorry had to vent.

I just checked my email. It took three days to contact me of the issue, asking me if I want to wait or substitute. I just said if it isn't going to get to me by next weekend then don't bother and just refund the yeast. This weekend is shot, if I had known the next day they probably could have at least sent me the rest of the (fairly significant $$) order.

My rant isn't so much about not getting stuff as much as it is the lack of communication...:(

Yeah that's wierd about the hops man! :(

Back