Randy Moss at it again

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In his defense, this is what Moss had to say about the matter:

Patriots wide receiver Randy Moss spoke to reporters today and said the restraining order brought against him is a result of "false allegations."
"It's something I've been battling for the last couple days, threats of going public if I didn't pay X amount of dollars," Moss said. "Before people rush quick to judgment, I think you need to find out the facts about really what is really going on. This young lady, by no means, is hurt. I didn't hurt her."

Moss described the woman who brought the complaint against him as "a friend of mine," and said, "it was an accident where she hurt herself, to where they called me, called my attorneys, trying to get X amount of dollars out of me, and if we don't get X amount of dollars they were going to go to the press before this game."

Moss has not been arrested and does not face criminal charges.

He did only catch one pass on Saturday. She must've gotten mouthy. (just kidding)
Typical of too many athletes today.

There I go opening my mouth

I can see both sides of the story. I wouldn't put battery passed him at all, but I can see someone trying to extort money from him too. Because of his track record, both sides are plausible...

The news outlet that originally reported this story took it down, then put it back up. There are also different sources saying that either his representative did not comment or was not available for comment, two very different things imo. This whole thing is kind of confused at this point so I am withholding judgement for now.

My wife went to college at Marshall when he was there. From the stories she has told, apparently this isn't the first time he has hit a woman.

Webbie

webbie99 said:
My wife went to college at Marshall when he was there. From the stories she has told, apparently this isn't the first time he has hit a woman.

Webbie

You mean the University of Rand? :D:drunk: :fro:

Unless she filed a complaint with the cops, has witnesses, or photographic evidence (best if from the hospital), it's going to be he said, she said. Since none of the news outlets has mentioned police involvement, it could very well be a shake down. I wouldn't rush to judgment on this yet. Seems iffy on the timing as well.

Dan Wetzel's column pisses me the f*ck off.

This is the flip side to all those long touchdown receptions and highlight-reel grabs. Whether Moss is the defendant or victim here, the fact remains there always seems to be a here.

So, he's acknowledging that Moss may well be the victim here, yet even if he is it's still somehow his fault? :confused:

I don't know what's going on here, there's zero evidence to place any kind of judgment.

the_bird said:
I don't know what's going on here, there's zero evidence to place any kind of judgment.

I'm all for innocent until proven guilty, but his past is certainly reason enough to at least raise some suspicion.

ohiobrewtus said:
I'm all for innocent until proven guilty, but his past is certainly reason enough to at least raise some suspicion.

What past? Has he ever been acused of hitting a woman before?

Back