Random Picture Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Island ... eyeland. I know, lame.
On the enchanted deserted eyeland, I went to the eye max theater. But once eye got there, eye lost my eye phone. Eye then wanted to buy some eye candy as her I brows were so pretty.

Eye think this is going nowhere. Eye know, lame. Eye need another Eye PA. [emoji481]
1249744776.jpeg

I posted this from my peecee. Didn't notice the app couldn't handle the image (why I don't know) until it was mentioned, and that's true - at least the 'Droid version can't display it.

Quicky test - reposting the image, sourcing the copy already on HBT...

74794087_10163331378020377_5708660759345496064_n.jpg

Aaaand that works on the app. So I'm guessing it's more a linkage thing than an image format issue...

Cheers!

Eye have noticed when cut and paste into reply, on PC at least, will not post image in reply--eye even see the red x after "Post Reply" yet see image when pasted into reply while formulating my excruciatingly witty prose. If, however, eye save an image and upload, then eye see both the image whilst formulating and have no issues seeing it in the reply.

And in the spirit of not being off topic all the time:
Capture.21.JPG

Could you see the island image in the HBT app, or were you using a web browser?
I don't think there's any issue with the latter, just the app...

Anyway, here's the random stuff happening here today:

big_toy_sm.jpg

tight_fit_sm.jpg

coming_down_sm.jpg

Fun stuff hasn't even started yet. They'll be reaching ~140 feet directly back over the house to get a half dozen 100' footers...

[edit]

Here's the big reach, right over the ridge beams...

big_lift_06_sm.jpg

...and the tight clearance to get there (operator may have been playin' with me ;))

verry_close_02_sm.jpg

verry_close_01_sm.jpg

This team has a reputation for excellence and they did nothing to bring that rating down. Thumbs up!

Last edited:
Man, you go way too far, just to get a perfect Xmas tree for the living room.

I rarely use the app. I see pictures (no dead people) with the browser. I need glasses to find my glasses sometimes and the dang ("OK, Boomer") phone screen is just too freaking small and I am keyboard jockey from way back and literally DESPISE the virtual keyboards on phones when I'm trying to be insouciant or witty at the rapid pace with which HBT moves.

On the enchanted deserted eyeland, I went to the eye max theater. But once eye got there, eye lost my eye phone. Eye then wanted to buy some eye candy as her I brows were so pretty.

Eye think this is going nowhere. Eye know, lame. Eye need another Eye PA. [emoji481]View attachment 651441

Hoppy, what you drinking this morning?

Eye think this is going nowhere. Eye know, lame. Eye need another Eye PA. [emoji481]View attachment 651441

I see a new avatar in your future. Follow that pic with 'mhoppy

Could you see the island image in the HBT app, or were you using a web browser?
I don't think there's any issue with the latter, just the app...

Anyway, here's the random stuff happening here today:

View attachment 651443

View attachment 651444

View attachment 651445

Fun stuff hasn't even started yet. They'll be reaching ~140 feet directly back over the house to get a half dozen 100' footers...

[edit]

Here's the big reach, right over the ridge beams...

View attachment 651484

...and the tight clearance to get there (operator may have been playin' with me ;))

View attachment 651487

View attachment 651486

This team has a reputation for excellence and they did nothing to bring that rating down. Thumbs up!

Did you review their pre pick plan first?
% safety Factor?
Not wearing any ppe, osha violation Bud.
Was the crane and operators certs current?
Why just the top? Christmas gift?
Wonder what they calculated that top half of the tree to be in weight?
If not, we use excavators on the west coast to remove in one swipe, “no nets” required!
Hope it went well! [emoji482][emoji85]

All I cared about was the state registration and insurance were current. OSHA ain't my problem ;)

We went through the game plan - basically there were 24 trees almost all of them verging on or over 100 feet tall, 30-36"d at the butts, most of them white pines but a handful of maples, two elms, three oaks and two poplars, all within the 147' max reach of the rig as set up at the edge of the house, and pretty much arranged in a circle. So they started at the east end and worked their way all around the circle, which allowed them to avoid lifts directly over the house (aside from the boom itself).

The long reach lifts they did in two to three sections, the ones close to the rig they lifted the entire trees with just the ground level cuts. All very impressive, virtually no drama. There was one long reach lift that was almost a full ton heavier than expected (~9000 pounds) but that was still almost a ton below the lift rating for that particular reach.

The crew was very fastidious with the cleanup. Aside from the stumps (which we'll deal with next) they left the place looking like nobody had been there...

Cheers!

Did you review their pre pick plan first?
% safety Factor?
Not wearing any ppe, osha violation Bud.
Was the crane and operators certs current?
Why just the top? Christmas gift?
Wonder what they calculated that top half of the tree to be in weight?
If not, we use excavators on the west coast to remove in one swipe, “no nets” required!
Hope it went well! [emoji482][emoji85]
A few years ago in my neighborhood a crew was removing a tree behind a house from a staging area out in the street. Got the top of the tree secured to their crane and cut it off at the bottom. Started the lift and realized their crane wasn't tall enough to clear the ridge of the house. Brought in a rental crane, much longer boom. Got the tree right up in the air and high over the center of the house. That's when the crane with the super long boom with a big weight on the end tipped. Tree went straight down through the very midpoint of the ridge beam, through the attic, second floor, first floor, and planted itself in the middle of the basement. Then the boom finished cutting the house in half. No injuries, amazingly. (And this actually is still one of the most reputable outfits around.) @day_trippr, I trust you still have a roof over your head?

Last edited:
I know nobody cares, but this is the random picture thread, and this is my 3 year old genius grandson who I swear is ready for kindergarten.
Please humor me with ooohs and aaahs. I promise if you post similar pictures, I'll reciprocate even though we all know nobody gives a ****…….. :p
Halloween Spiderman !!

spiderman.jpg

All I cared about was the state registration and insurance were current. OSHA ain't my problem ;)

We went through the game plan - basically there were 24 trees almost all of them verging on or over 100 feet tall, 30-36"d at the butts, most of them white pines but a handful of maples, two elms, three oaks and two poplars, all within the 147' max reach of the rig as set up at the edge of the house, and pretty much arranged in a circle. So they started at the east end and worked their way all around the circle, which allowed them to avoid lifts directly over the house (aside from the boom itself).

The long reach lifts they did in two to three sections, the ones close to the rig they lifted the entire trees with just the ground level cuts. All very impressive, virtually no drama. There was one long reach lift that was almost a full ton heavier than expected (~9000 pounds) but that was still almost a ton below the lift rating for that particular reach.

The crew was very fastidious with the cleanup. Aside from the stumps (which we'll deal with next) they left the place looking like nobody had been there...

Cheers!
Good info! I've seen them in the area and was looking for good references. I called 5 businesses and 4 of them were a no show as I took time off from work.

Oddly one of no shows showed up at my neighbor's house and I walked over to talk to the owner of the tree company. I was really cordial and i just want the trees down. He gave me the man it's been busy. Then told me he'd stop over after finishing up the paperwork. Waiting at my house? Vrrrroom! He takes off.

Now my yard would be a tough job in my eye but the one guy that did show up said it wasn't that difficult.

Aight on topic
IMG_20191104_150700.jpeg

I was impressed enough that I'm planning on giving them something to put on their web site.

These guys have been all over town in the last couple/few years and heavily in our neighborhood and everyone raved about them. I watched them do the lot behind ours this spring - the house took a big ass pine right across the ridge board last winter, the family had to move out while the insurance company essentially rebuilt the place over five months, this spring the lady of their house said anything that could hit their house had to come down, stat! - and I was quite impressed. Everyone wears a comms headset, things run very smoothly, the only down-time was for lunch.

They have the best equipment - I've not seen any of the other local outfits with a crane that big - they all usually sub that out to Astro Crane in Boxboro (who does have some humongous rigs). And they literally ran entire ~90' trees with ~30" butts right through this huge chipper:

big_chipper_01_sm.jpg

So, yeah, give Vivian a call (they're on the web) and tell her Dave from Stow raved about them :D

Cheers!

I was impressed enough that I'm planning on giving them something to put on their web site.

These guys have been all over town in the last couple/few years and heavily in our neighborhood and everyone raved about them. I watched them do the lot behind ours this spring - the house took a big ass pine right across the ridge board last winter, the family had to move out while the insurance company essentially rebuilt the place over five months, this spring the lady of their house said anything that could hit their house had to come down, stat! - and I was quite impressed. Everyone wears a comms headset, things run very smoothly, the only down-time was for lunch.

They have the best equipment - I've not seen any of the other local outfits with a crane that big - they all usually sub that out to Astro Crane in Boxboro (who does have some humongous rigs). And they literally ran entire ~90' trees with ~30" butts right through this huge chipper:

View attachment 651529

So, yeah, give Vivian a call (they're on the web) and tell her Dave from Stow raved about them :D

Cheers!
I got lucky in a way. The one main tree that worried me the most was about 100' tall. At one point the tip of the tree got lopped off and a fork grew from that. Each fork was as wide as the base. The only damage was power to my house and the other section, I don't know how it missed the house, landed perfectly down my driveway.

I still have a 100' white pine literally above me and m lazy boy as I type.

OT: best eggs in town with running pvc water
Screenshot_20191106-211229.jpeg

Wtf? Where's the pic of that genius maneuver?
A few years ago in my neighborhood a crew was removing a tree behind a house from a staging area out in the street. Got the top of the tree secured to their crane and cut it off at the bottom. Started the lift and realized their crane wasn't tall enough to clear the ridge of the house. Brought in a rental crane, much longer boom. Got the tree right up in the air and high over the center of the house. That's when the crane with the super long boom with a big weight on the end tipped. Tree went straight down through the very midpoint of the ridge beam, through the attic, second floor, first floor, and planted itself in the middle of the basement. Then the boom finished cutting the house in half. No injuries, amazingly. (And this actually is still one of the most reputable outfits around.) @day_trippr, I trust you still have a roof over your head?

Back