Random Picture Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

BongoYodeler

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
thumbnail_image004 (1).jpg

corkybstewart

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
If you Google Storks of Munster you'll find lots of pics that suggest the storks don't need much help finding nesting bases but there are clearly some folks that have provided enhanced bases such as the metal one pictured...

View attachment 775984

Cheers!
If you don't like your roof dripping with bird crap this may not be the town for you.

day_trippr

Structural Duct Tape Sales Engineer
Reaction score
We would be very sad if they were disappeared by development. We make a few putts down the Charles and out to the islands each year and stop at The Barking Crab for late lunch/early dinner.

It's interesting - they're actually fortunate to be hemmed in so tight to Fort Point Channel by adjacent buildings. A developer would have to buy much more than just the restaurant property to do much of anything.

Anyway, the Crab was in fine form this afternoon - 3pm mid week and still mobbed up, but they gave us seats within sight of our boat out back in short order and had drinks in front of us quickly. Gotta love the Crab!

1658969045765.jpeg

Cheers!

DBhomebrew

Reaction score
3pm midweek. That's right about when we'd saunter over from the ICA a few times each summer. That was 10-15 years ago when you had the pick of 3-4 different $10/day parking lots. That's right, $10/d.

corkybstewart

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So, you're removing the surface coating from the stone? What's the plan after that?

Brew on :mug:
The native limestone is somewhat chalky but when it dries out it is very hard. Unfortunately somebody, before WWII, put a layer of cement on the stones, sealing in the moisture and causing thick blossoms of saltpeter to coat the walls. The original stonework was grouted with lime and sand, and that's the proper way to build here, it allows the stone to stay "healthy" Ever since I came here 41 years ago her brothers have all said "something needs to be done" so I'm doing it. I should have all the walls done by the end of the week. Once "we" have removed all the cement I'll let the stones dry until next summer, then we'll put new grout in the seams and it will be done forever and the interior walls will match the exterior. This room is the original farmhouse built in 1830. This was the kitchen, the living quarters were upstairs and now it's basically an attic with remnants of French farm life.

corkybstewart

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I see you have a tractor, I want to buy one but SWMBO won't let me...😐
Actually it kind of belongs to my brother-in-law, but why or how we don't really know. It belonged to my father-in-law, nobody knows if BIL bought it from him or just took possession after the parents died. BIL farms about 200 acres so he has lots of good tractors, this is a 1980 Russian AVTO. Another BIL has parked a 1960(+-) Massey in one of our barns. It needs a new motor or some other major repair, and ownership of it is questionable also since it's been in our barn for 78 years now. We have heard that after a year and one day anything in the barn belongs to us(her brothers all use it for storing junk), but we have no legal confirmation of that concept.