HBT Supporter
Reaction score
fark_u-aQqgI8LUEf6_gy1XMsdcPxdnM.jpg

fark_nYFDA_c3WvImwIdO_q2VQuSOE8E.jpg

balrog

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hopefully it means you have shown that that particular container is bereft of malfeasance.

But the picture clearly shows, to any self respecting technically inclined EE/tinkerer/ocd person, you did not scrape the sides well enough.

day_trippr

"This Space For Rent"
Reaction score
If I had to guess we opened that jar two weeks ago. The Spousal Unit actually had an unopened two-pack in the cupboard with the affected date codes as well, which she returned just yesterday. That's when it dawned on me to check the code on the open jar. Whoops!

At this point I'd say whatever contamination got into the production was not uniform...

bruce_the_loon

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
If I had to guess we opened that jar two weeks ago. The Spousal Unit actually had an unopened two-pack in the cupboard with the affected date codes as well, which she returned just yesterday. That's when it dawned on me to check the code on the open jar. Whoops!

At this point I'd say whatever contamination got into the production was not uniform...
Typical incubation is up to 72 hours, although there have been cases reported of over 2 weeks. You may have gotten a non-contaminated bottle. It depends on where in the process the contamination happened. If it was a filler nozzle, it would only affect those bottles directly filled by the nozzle.

I'd still dump it if you haven't yet, the nasties might still be lurking in the bottom inch of peanut-buttery goodness.

NickTheGreat

Reaction score
We had 1.5 jars of JIf we discovered yesterday morning. o_O

My daughter didn't quite understand why we couldn't have PB&J for breakfast. We did find a reserve jar of Skippy, which is okay.

day_trippr

"This Space For Rent"
Reaction score
Welp, The Spousal Unit had the last word (as always) and so I found the abovementioned jar in the kitchen trash.
"And that's that".

I grew up on Skippy but now it tastes like peanut flavored Crisco with excess sugar added.
I'd opt for local brand Teddies first and deal with stirring it...

balrog

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I used to claim Ordinary Differential Equations were kinda fun, when learning Calculus & Physics in school, while Partial Differential Equations were a brain rotting slog to get through, but never would I ever have thought differential equations would be a flash point for social concern ...

1653564207579.png

DBhomebrew

Reaction score

Sailingeric

Beer. Now there's a temporary solution
Reaction score
I used to claim Ordinary Differential Equations were kinda fun, when learning Calculus & Physics in school, while Partial Differential Equations were a brain rotting slog to get through, but never would I ever have thought differential equations would be a flash point for social concern ...

View attachment 769919
jx5ti0x.jpg