Random Picture Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

GrogNerd

mean old man
Reaction score
tho my favorite decoration is the most simple: candles in the windows to light the way for those trying to make it home for Christmas

Put a candle in the window
'Cause I feel I've got to move
Though I'm going, going
I'll be coming home soon
Long as I can see the light
- John Fogerty, Creedence Clearwater Revival

my favorite, because it doesn't involve ladders

GrogNerd

mean old man
Reaction score
Good Stankin' stuff. Stanks real nice

Got body butter ( for the BigHair ;) )& a candle

& even if I didn't collect business cards, I would still want this one

I didn't redact the info because - 1) it's a business card, not a personal one & 2) I want you to buy her stuff & not Stank

& so she can make $BILLIONS!

GrogNerd

mean old man
Reaction score
Redd was raunchy as hell, but the raunchiest comic I ever heard was Buddy Hackett

dude could drop the mothers of all F bombs

saw a video of his Vegas show one time... late 60s/early 70s, when men still wore ties, women still gussied up to go out, with the big bouffant hairdos with pearls & fur stoles & wraps

& Buddy tries to get this one blue-haired lady to say the F word. for an entire FIVE or SIX minutes. "Say ****, lady... just say it. ****. say it!"

I can appreciate when a comic can make you laugh without "going blue" but damn if that **** wasn't funny as ****

BongoYodeler

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Redd was raunchy as hell, but the raunchiest comic I ever heard was Buddy Hackett

dude could drop the mothers of all F bombs

saw a video of his Vegas show one time... late 60s/early 70s, when men still wore ties, women still gussied up to go out, with the big bouffant hairdos with pearls & fur stoles & wraps

& Buddy tries to get this one blue-haired lady to say the F word. for an entire FIVE or SIX minutes. "Say ****, lady... just say it. ****. say it!"

I can appreciate when a comic can make you laugh without "going blue" but damn if that **** wasn't funny as ****
Absolutely. Buddy Hackett was one funny SOB. He was such a master story teller. IMO two of his funniest stories/jokes were the duck hunter, and the guy shipwrecked on a deserted island. I saw him tell those on his HBO stand-up comedy special back around 1980. I laughed so hard I cried.

michaeltrego

Reaction score
We found 3 of these inside the wall of our 1890's house in Maine. They are about 6 inches tall. I was thinking it may be a children's toy bowling game? Any other ideas?

IMG_5363 (1).jpg

ba-brewer

I'm not Zog
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
We found 3 of these inside the wall of our 1890's house in Maine. They are about 6 inches tall. I was thinking it may be a children's toy bowling game? Any other ideas?

View attachment 751556
I googled victorian childs bowling pin and found this,
1638914525907.png

There were other pics of pins similar to yours, there is also something called skittle pins.