Random Moments of Beauty

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pappers_

Moderator Emeritus
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
As I ride in on the train today, I'm struck by beauty. The sun is piercing, the clouds are literally rolling, the leaves are gorgeous. Had some handmade yogurt with fresh local honey that was delicious. It's good to occassionally be struck by the beauty and good around us.

I wake up early and walk to work in order to see the beauty of a city before it wakes up. I am very fortunate.

The sad thing is, if you looked around the train everyone else was probably staring at the floor, or taking a nap, and absorbed in their ipod/smartphone/whatever. I notice this all the time. No matter how awesome the scenery, most people seem oblivious.

I noticed a cloud piercing device the other day..... The power line got a little ballsy......

d8d0719d.jpg

Weird thread.

I get hit all the time by the sunsets we get down here. Purple, pink, they usually hit me while I'm peddling my bike around in the evenings. I always want to stop others and point it all out but I'm sure they already think I'm weird. Meh. More for me I guess.

Paps, take some pics to accompany your post next time. Gotta be better than a penis-shaped cloud!

The sky here has looked amazing right after my least favorite class the last few weeks. That's been nice.

I love riding the train from the burbs into the City (from the Chicago suburbs into the City). There's something almost civilized about the process. Especially in the early morning hours and in the evening as the sun is setting.

Kinda makes me more homesick than ever for my home state of Illinois. :)

Wind out of the west sun at my back steady straight down the center of the road. It is a completely different landscape few days a year spring and fall leaves bending away from me carried to the east by the prevailing westerly wind.

(I have a pic someplace).

Here's what I think: Yeah it IS all about the beauty in the world!! There is lots of it and not too far away even in the worst places. Also I think people everywhere are noticing it. It is pretty easy to get all self-congratulatory about it but I am quite sure the same people who look at their phones and take naps also see it, maybe just not at the same time as you do! I also suspect people won't actually think you are weird if you point out beauty to them. Also I am much better than you because I am so magnanimous, open minded and optimistic.

Just my HO and YMMV and WTF,

Steve da sleeve

I love riding the train from the burbs into the City (from the Chicago suburbs into the City). There's something almost civilized about the process. Especially in the early morning hours and in the evening as the sun is setting.

Kinda makes me more homesick than ever for my home state of Illinois. :)

I do like taking the train when I can, much more civilized than driving.

When I lived in NY, I used to love taking the train into NYC every day and just looking at the wonderful architecture and seeing the sunrise over the buildings. It's amazing what people can notice if they step out of their technology driven world.

Back