Random collection of ingredients.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crazytwoknobs

Reaction score
What I've seen lately in this forum is that when it comes to leftovers, people choose what to brew based on what hops they have left.

I've got a wee bit more than an ounce of Amarillo (9.8%, whole) left.

I've got 6.6lbs amber LME, 2.5lbs 30L crystal, and a pound of british roasted barley (it looked cute).

For yeast I have Safale S-04, Muntons and Coopers.

Lets just say I steeped a few ounces of the roasted barley, half the crystal, and then added all 6.6Lbs of LME. I'd use the Safale s-04 I have, or rack onto a cake of US-56 from my last brew (bottling while boiling is awesome!). With an ounce of Amarillo in there (3/4 for 60min, 1/4 for 15), what am I looking at as far as style/flavors? Some sort of dark english ale?

Oh, I'm still doing partial boils and 5-6gal batches. This will be my last brew until I find a *real* job.

:fro:

I would say use less crystal no more than 3/4 of pound. I made a frankenstein beer once in this situation before I really knew anything about brewing and it turned out terible. I think that was in July. I drank most of it anyway. I tried a bottle last night and it had actually turned into something pretty drinkable. Good Luck

Ok, awesome. Thanks! I certainly don't know what I'm doing with specialty malts, I have pitching down, but that's about it.:D

Back