Random “freezing “

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Grubb

Reaction score
So it has happened twice since early June. The first time my kegco 3 tap froze up with a coffee stout. I thought since I had only 1 keg in there, it may have been to cold. It seemed to be only in the lines. I raised the temperature to try and avoid it. Haven’t had any more issues until tonight.
This time I have 3 kegs in. 1 that’s is almost empty and 2 that are almost full.
The pumpkin ale that has been in for over a week and been flowing fine wouldn’t come out when I pulled the tap handle. I checked the gas, which is fine, and messed around with it, and didn’t see any issues, but still nothing came out. I poured a beer from the nearly empty keg, and no problems.
A short while later, i tried again, and it came out fine, only with lots of foam and really cloudy beer, nothing like the amber/orange color it had been.
Any ideas what causes this to happen occasionally?

Back