Ranco: how much and where to get 'em

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ivan Lendl

Reaction score
where does one get the etc 111000 or whatever model i need to convert a freezer like this one i saw today at sams club? Its 5 cu feet, and looks sweet for the price...(144 bucks)

Most online brewing supply places (like northern brewer) carry Ranco, they run about $100. That's a nice looking unit, but make certain it is deep enough for the kegs WITH the connectors on.

david_42 said:
Most online brewing supply places (like northern brewer) carry Ranco, they run about $100. That's a nice looking unit, but make certain it is deep enough for the kegs WITH the connectors on.

Yeah i just eye-balled it. It looked pretty deep though. What are the measurement requirements anyway? For a corny keg system? (i dont have a keg yet but plan on soon, in the meantime i was gonna make some lagers in it...)

With a connector on it you need at least 26 inches of space to fit a ball lock keg. However this gives almost no additional room at all. 28" is probably better as it will give you a little extra room to work with.

kornkob said:
With a connector on it you need at least 26 inches of space to fit a ball lock keg. However this gives almost no additional room at all. 28" is probably better as it will give you a little extra room to work with.

that will work. I figured 27" would suffice for a 6.5g carboy with airlock.
thanks...

I just got a Ranco 1110000-type model off ebay for less than 60$ including shipping. You do have to wire it yourself though.

If you don't want to mess with ebay then try out grainger.com. They have the units (un-wired) for around 60$ as well.

Back