Ranco ETC Thermostat

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meatball

Reaction score
I've got a Ranco ETC Thermostat (one reccomended by a lot of the HBSs I've seen) hooked up to my Chest Freezer kegerator. I have it set to 45 degrees, but it seems to fluctuate withing 6 degrees of the set temperature. I have the offset set to 1 degree, and I have the temperature sensor in a bottle of water in the kegerator...

Any thoughts on why the temperature is fluctuating so much??

Thanks in advance.

With the sensor being 'in' a bottle of water in the freezer, you are 'buffering' the sensor from the actual temperature in the freezer.

Expose the sensor to the air in the freezer and it should remove the fluctuations.

KevinWP said:
With the sensor being 'in' a bottle of water in the freezer, you are 'buffering' the sensor from the actual temperature in the freezer.

Expose the sensor to the air in the freezer and it should remove the fluctuations.

+1. Measure the air -the water just delays what is really happening in the freezer.

H

Back