Ranco controller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhansen

Reaction score
Hi all. Just joined this place. Greetings!

I have a converted chest freezer, and my Ranco controller continually displays the error message E2. A little bit ago, it would do that until I unplugged it and reset the temperature. But now it won't work. Does anyone have any tips? And possible repairs? I already opened it and checked the continuity to the probe, and it was fine.

Jeremy

Sorry, I can't help you out, but I am giving your thread a little bump incase anyone else can chime in.

And welcome to the forum.

When did you buy it? I think that I would call the store where you bought it if it is new.

Cheers

Thanks. I bought it a few years ago, but I have forgotten where. This certainly is one of the favorite models for fridge conversion.

I'm wondering if it is permanently dead.

Jeremy

Don't mean to promote the competition but...

http://forum.northernbrewer.com/viewtopic.php?p=421642

Here's a snippet:

I contacted Ranco (which took longer than I expected, because there contact customer service email link was hard to find)...anyway, Ranco suggested I reset the unit (power cycle it) and if that doesn't fix it the unit will need to be replaced. Since I power cycled it a few dozen times I'm pretty sure one more time won't help it work any better.

Back