rahr and Sons Pecker Wrecker

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

jsprague

Reaction score
Is anyone familiar with this imperial pilsner? It was a favorite of mine when I lived in Ft. Worth Texas and would attend Saturday tastings at the brewery downtown. I would love to try to clone it if anyone has any information on this beer. I'm not finding much from google.

Nagorg

If a frog had wings...
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Cant say I've ever heard of it much less seen a clone recipe.

They've changed a lot, if not most, of their lineup over the past few years and their website makes no mention of that one or any pilsner for that matter.

But they do have a taproom so who knows what might show up there. Now I might have to make a trip to see! :bigmug:

OP
J

jsprague

Reaction score
Yes you should, they used to have free tastings in the brewery from 11-3pm on Saturdays. Pecker Wrecker was a seasonal that they would bring back every few years. i think they are voting on their facebook page about bringing it back again. Unfortunately, I'm now in the midwest where it is not distributed.

camonick

Mediocre brewer... Expert drinker
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
You might try reaching out to them with the “contact” option on their website. Explain that you have moved and don’t have access to their beer anymore but you’re a homebrewer and see if they’d be so kind to help you make a small batch. Sometimes certain breweries are willing to help… worst they could say is no.

OP
J

jsprague

Reaction score
thanks for the advice. I sent them a message today. if they give me a recipe, I'll post it.