Rack to Secondary Before adding Brett?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

comet909

Reaction score
Planning a Dark Saison. I'd planned on adding Brett C in the secondary. However, I may not have the spare carboy to rack it into.

Is it a viable option to just pitch the brett into the same fermenter after a couple of weeks in primary. Anyone else done it that way.

I think I've read that the Brett will find on the dead Sach. Anyone? (Thanks)

I did a Belgian Golden Strong that I pitched Brett L on once WLP550 reached full krausen, I wanted to get a good amount of funk. So yea, go ahead and pitch it it in the same vessel it'll work great.

That's how they do traditional lambics, everything takes place in primary. Should be interesting to see what happens with a dark saison. And yes, over time the brett will feed on the autolyzed sacc yeast.

You don't need to rack it to a secondary vessel, you can just co-pitch your sacch and Brett at the beginning. I brewed a dark saison with dates & figs a few months ago and co-pitched, smells tasty so far.

Back