Rack on starsan foam, does it settle in?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xinunix

Reaction score
I am on board with not fearing the foam but left to wonder if that like everything else applies only in moderation? I had a LOT of bubbles in my carboy and decided to go ahead and rack on top of them. Got a sweet foam snake but a lot of the bubbles did not get forced out and stayed sitting on top of the beer in the secondary. I am assuming this is nothing to be concerned about? Just put in the fermentation lock and let it ride?

Just don't eat the foam snake!!! As long as you are making your starsan solution correctly, there is nothing to fear at all!!!

1/4 oz to 1.25 gallons is what I used. Thanks, I was less concerned and more wondering if there was any "technique" to racking and getting all of the foam to come out (you know a bigger snake).

Just don't eat the foam snake!!! As long as you are making your starsan solution correctly, there is nothing to fear at all!!!

That made me laugh. Recently I just had my first foam snake that went all the way up the hose from my autosiphon.

Back