Racetrack Keg O-ring help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EllisTX

Reaction score
I got a racetrack keg this weekend from Kegconnection. They provided the usual 5 o-ring replacement set but upon disassembly it turns out there are a few more.

Does anyone know the #'s for the additional orings or a source for them?

20121008_095348.jpg

That's weird. Did you contact the vendor yet? Also did they give you the proper square profile o ring for a race track lid? They don't use the same round o ring as an oval lid keg. Can you post a pic of the keg itself?

The android app will only put pics sidways for some reason.

I did contact them and they didn't seem to be familiar with the keg and were surprised that it had additional o rings. I can probably just remove them and go to the hardware store to get more. The regular lid oring seems to fit and seal fine.

The posts go on the outside and the rest screws to the posts from the underside. It's a pretty awkward setup.

ForumRunner_20121008_210040.jpg

You might want to have them replace the keg. It's most likely a "product tank". It's can be completely disassembled to clean everything, it's possible it held some kind of nasty chemical at one time.

JRems said:
You might want to have them replace the keg. It's most likely a "product tank". It's can be completely disassembled to clean everything, it's possible it held some kind of nasty chemical at one time.

The keg says Canada Dry soda co on the side so I'm assuming it was for soda.

I just received 7 of these kegs. None have pressure relief valves which is fine but I'm looking to replace the o-rings on them. It sounds like the usual o-rings will work but I'm not sure.

I just received 7 of these kegs. None have pressure relief valves which is fine but I'm looking to replace the o-rings on them. It sounds like the usual o-rings will work but I'm not sure.

I replaced with regular corny lid orings and it worked fine.

Back