R.I.P Koko Taylor, Queen Of The Blues

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, no, no ,no

Damn. Koko had that special blues voice. I will have one in her honor

For those who never heard her...do so now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chicago, and the Blues, lost another great legend today.

But they'll be a hellva jam session in Heaven tonight.

I saw he live twice...and am pretty sure I engineered an interview/in studio performance when I worked on Wdet's Blues from the Lowlands (I did so many of them "back in the day" that they are a blur as to who I met and who I just heard amazing sotries about..).

I did see here about 6 years ago performing at an outdoor festival....

And she rocked the house when she did Wang Dang Doodle, just like this!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLFgroDqAsI]YouTube - Koko Taylor — Wang Dang Doodle[/ame]

You're home now sistah Taylor, so raise the roof of heaven and let us hear it down on earth. :mug:

Last edited by a moderator:
Another of the greats has made it to the gates.

She needs to hook up with Art Blakey, Bird and Django for a set. THAT WOULD BE A SHOW :rockin:

I'm picturing Koko, Muddy, Howlin' Wolf, Willie Dixon, Albert King, and John Lee Hooker all sitting around passing a bottle of whiskey and diccussing what song to play next.
Koko and Janis Joplin sharing the mike, Stevie Ray working his way up to the stage......

Koko's version of Hound Dog will make you forget that Elvis ever recorded it, too !

First time I ever saw her, she put on a great show back in ~1989 out in Naperville, of all places. She'll be missed and never duplicated.
:mug:

Back