R.I.P. Earl Scruggs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jgln said:
Ah, I see now. :D

I am slow that way. Just learned the other day Doc Watson is blind. Coulda fooled me.

Ive been a huge fan for years and got to see him at a festival a couple of summers ago, getting close enough to take done pretty kick ass pics of him in action.

El Hubbo, who actually went to the concert, watched him perform (although he didn't go sneaking up close to the stage with me to score the pics) and loved the music I played for him both pre and post-show, looked at the pics a couple of weeks later and noted "huh. His eyes look funny in that one. And that one, too. Huh."

No clue.

-face palm-

Ive been a huge fan for years and got to see him at a festival a couple of summers ago, getting close enough to take done pretty kick ass pics of him in action.

El Hubbo, who actually went to the concert, watched him perform (although he didn't go sneaking up close to the stage with me to score the pics) and loved the music I played for him both pre and post-show, looked at the pics a couple of weeks later and noted "huh. His eyes look funny in that one. And that one, too. Huh."

No clue.

-face palm-

I always knew of the guy but never paid much attention until I was watching Leo Kottke's "Home and Away video where they play together (Chet Atkins also) and never noticed anything unusual. Bored one day I did some research on him and was surprised to find he went blind before the age of 2. If I recall he opens his eyes they just don't work. Funny, saw an interview with him saying if you call him Mr. Watson he won't talk to you...you call him Doc.

Back